Sunday 2 January 2011

the damage a card sent in jest !

I have never been one who has really understood Valebtines day having never or got one as have aspergers and do not really like touch and would rather just have friendships the deep wishy washy relationships this does not I do not understand what love is in one of my reading groups we were having a discussion on marriage and I was told quite wrongly that I had not right to comment as not married but as I pointed out I have not been on the Titanic or in a war but can still have an idea what must have been like from what I read and know oh well enough about my trifles (not the eating kind and onward with story)

The sending of the Valentine sent allot of of mutterings around the table mainly that you should not mess around with Emotions and also what you see as harmless can deeply harm the other person although you can thoroughly understand another person fully such as Bathsheba was probably deeply perplexed by Boldwoods Indifference to her and a woman does thrive on being noticed . BOldwood was obviously confirmed Bachelor and this card has not only opened Pandora's box but also a whole can of worms!!
It is funny in life but sometimes a small thing can have such a huge effect on someone but often an event can take hold of your thoughts and being and does not let go like when Boldwood opens the Valentine and is like"the large red seal became a blot on the retina of the eye.
FATE definatley play its part in this story as Fanny is set to marry TROY as many a bride does not of ten do she goes to the wrong church , the chapteris very short like the nuptils which never take place, althpugh this is a strange chapter as we feel the sadneess and confusion it is quite humourous the way the villagers snigger and titter at TROY although alot of us could not understand why not just go to the right church or just change it to another the day but then the book would be much shorter !! and not much of a story!!(although it always seemed rather odd aqgreeing to get wed in the first place oh well! none so queer as folk

2 comments:

  1. Quite right Lou, little things can mean alot and what's a story without misunderstandings all over the place.
    rather late with this comment but in light of what has happened since I'm looking forward to your update. Ahh! Especially as I won't be at the reading group to find out how it all ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise,

    How are you? I've just been catching up on your blog and really enjoyed reading this. I read Far from the Madding Crowd for A Level (which was a long time ago!) and had completely forgotten what happened. Your blog is a bit like a serialised account of the story (which I guess is how the book was originally presented - in the newspaper?)

    Anyway, hope everything's good with you. I'm moving to Manchester soon, but will keep checking out your blog!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete